On Saturday 01 Aug 2015 18:45:17 Emre Eryilmaz wrote:
> >> The 'default' profile selection does not stick.  Deleting the new
> >> 'dev-edition-default' profile causes it to be recreated afresh at the
> >> next start up.
>
> Hi Mick,
>
> You can use my previous solution and first firefox startup ( profiles
> choose section), select "Use to selected profile without asking at
> startup"

This does not stick.  The 'dev-edition-default' will launch at the next start
up irrespective of the profile I have selected.

> or you can use this solution Option 2. [1]
>
> [1]
> https://support.mozilla.org/tr/kb/recover-lost-bookmarks-firefox-developer
> -edition

OK, but now I have rebuilt it and the problem is gone anyway.  :-)

PS. I noticed that Firebug (developer tools for FF), as well as Developer
Tools in Chromium, suddenly start uploading data to some https server, when I
visit certain websites.  For example some sites on weebly.com would cause
this.  The upload saturated the bandwidth of my ISP, but the data was over
https so I don't know what it was uploading.  I uninstalled Firebug and
disabled developer tools in Chromium and the problem's gone.  Have you noticed
the same?
--
Regards,
Mick