Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> Hello, Mick.
>

>> The 'default' profile selection does not stick.  Deleting the new
>> 'dev-edition-default' profile causes it to be recreated afresh at the
>> next start up.
> Yes.  This is the sort of developer attitude that is making me want to
> use a proper browser.  What the heck does a browser need "prefiles" for,
> anyway?  It's supposed to be a web browser, for goodness sake.
>

>> HTH.
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Mick

I use different profiles for doing different things.  Example, a social
site that I volunteer as staff on requires me to be logged in as
different members.  If I use the same profile, I can only be logged in
as one person at a time.  When using a different profile, I can create a
new profile for ever how many accounts/profiles I have to use.   When I
need to switch to another account, I just go to the bottom of the screen
and click to switch to that profile.  No logging out and back in and such.

Also, I have one profile that I use to download videos.  On that
profile, I have plugins related to finding and downloading videos.   I
don't have those plugins in my other profiles.  I do this in case a
plugin goes bad, it only affects that profile but the others still
work.  It also helps me narrow down what the problem is.  I have other
profiles for similar reasons.  Each as it's own setup for doing what it
is intended to do.

For years, I used a single profile.  Once I started using different
profiles for different things, I found it easier.   The added benefit of
isolating bad plugins helps too.  Also, having only the plugins I need
installed, seems to make it faster as well.

I'm not a developer by any stretch.  I do make good use of profiles
tho.  I have 8 different profiles for Firefox and three for Seamonkey.
Due to a plugin issue, I recently moved a Seamonkey profile over to
Firefox.  Firefox has a lot more plugins it seems and they seem to get
updated/fixed faster.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Dale

:-)  :-)