On 2015-09-18, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:
> On Thu, September 17, 2015 16:33, Grant Edwards wrote:

>>> Not sure -- I'll have to give it a try. IIRC, it just uses the first
>>> one.
>>
>> At least on my machine, if I start up X11 without a configuration
>> file it only uses one of my three monitors.  That behavior may depend
>> on which boards are installed and which board/driver is found first.
>
> On my desktop:
>
> $ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "Card0"
>         Driver      "nvidia"
>         BusID       "PCI:2:0:0"
> EndSection
>
> (Without this, X doesn't start, complaining it can't find VESA)
>
> echo $DISPLAY returns the same on both desktops.

That is a single X11 screen spread across two physical monitors.  It
will not exhibit the gtk-3 selection bug.

Are you sure you have two desktops and it's not just a single desktop
that is spread across two monitors?  Can you drag a window from one
monitor to the other?  If you can, then it's a single desktop.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! MERYL STREEP is my
                                  at               obstetrician!