On Monday 21 Dec 2015 22:38:21 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On 22/12/2015 00:37, Mick wrote:

> > Am I alone in experiencing this?  Any ideas for fixing it?  Should I post
> > a bug and if so where?  I'm thinking that asking Lennart to fix ifplugd
> > so that it works with openrc would be taking it a step too far.  :p
>
> read the news items for the last 3 months or so.
>
> openrc changes, networking and service dependencies have changed
> somewhat, all well documented in the news items

Thank you Alan, I believe I've read the news item you refer to, but I am not
sure I understand how or why it applies to two laptops.  The news item refers
to localmount and netmount which if they cannot be mounted will cause
problems.  I don't use netmount on these laptops:

# rc-update -s -v | grep mount
           localmount | boot
             mount-ro |                        shutdown
             netmount |

localmount works and I see no failures in mounting my filesystems.  What fails
repeatably is ifplugd, which no longer starts wired or wireless devices.

--
Regards,
Mick