On Tuesday 22 Dec 2015 00:48:13 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 23:55:06 +0000, Mick wrote:
> > > Are you trying to run ifplugd from its init script? It's not meant to
> > > be used like that with openrc.
> >
> > I don't have any init scripts for ifplugd.  I wondered what starts
> > it/stops it, and found /lib64/netifrc/net/ifplugd.sh
>
> It should be started by the net.eth* scripts, so you need to start the
> network interface first.

Thanks again Neil.  I don't think this is as you suggest.  I never had wired
or wireless interfaces enabled to start at boot time, because ifplugd started
them up as necessary.

From the README file:

   The network interface which is controlled by ifplugd should not be
   configured automatically by your distribution's network subsystem,
   since ifplugd will do this for you if needed.

--
Regards,
Mick