On Sunday 03 Jan 2016 11:44:37 Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Sunday 03 January 2016 11:08:32 I wrote:

> > > Both images are the same size. The usable content area in the qt5
> > > screenshot is far from just half. Maybe the word “again” tips me off b/c
> > > I try to interpret a meaning into every word, being a pedantic
> > > non-native. ;-)
> >
> > I meant the size of the file.
>
> And now I want to add that using 1.5 x the space to represent far less
> information is a clear indicator of inefficiency.

Well, ... it depends on your measure of inefficiency.  Your statement stands
good in terms of pixel density on a page, but perhaps less so in terms of user
time taken to process the information on different platforms and display
resolutions.  In web design at least, the centre of gravity has been shifting
towards mobile platforms for a long time now.
--
Regards,
Mick