On 2016-09-24, Alecks Gates <aleck...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/23/2016 06:45 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:

>> I've been running XFCE for many, many years, and I was perfectly happy
>> with it until 4.11 came out.  Support for multiple displays[1] was
>> broken in xfdesktop by a commit made in 2013. It's been broken ever
>> since, and there doesn't appear to be any intention of fixing it.

> Have you considered MATE?

Yep.  I've been doing some googling/reading, and LXDE and MATE look
like the two leading contenders.

I'm going to try LXDE first.  MATE's gnome heritage set off some
warning bells -- which I should probably ignore, since MATE's 'atril'
pdf viewer is what rescued me from evince's gnome-related problems.

--
Grant