On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 17:54:32 -0700, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:

> I just tried gscan2pdf.
> It does not offer auto-feed either; black borders still persist (so it
> must be an issue with Brother driver.

Sounds like it.

> In addition, I've noticed big difference is scan size of an image.
> Small receipt size: ~4in x 3in saved as pdf B/W in 200dpi resolution:
>
> gscan2pdf produced file size: 66.7kB
> xsane produce file size: 12.4kB

File saving is a different process from scanning. For B/W scans, I use
djvu with gscan2pdf, the files are *much* smaller.

> So in file size perspective xsane produced much smaller size.
> gscan2pdf provide crop tool to cut the borders, xsane does not have any
> crop tools.

Xsane doesn't need to provide image manipulation as it works as a GIMP
plugin.

--
Neil Bothwick

WinErr 01D: System crash - We are unable to figure out our own code.