170423 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 23. April 2017, 07:45:49 CEST schrieb Philip Webb:
>> What are other users' experiences using GCC 5.4.0 ?
> My personal advice & experience:
> * install the new gcc-5.4
> * switch to it
> * run the revdep-rebuild command from the news item (see above)
> ... and everything should be fine.

I've done that & everything seems to be ok (big smile).

At first, I didn't notice that revdep-rebuild nees to be run with gcc-5.4.0 :
since r-r is written in Python, the version of Gcc seems irrelevant.

After noticing that, there was no problem.  r-r announced no problems.
I tested the new Gcc by finishing updating KDE (which I had started)
& everything went thro' efficiently & a bit faster, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks as always to the Gentoo devs, who rarely make mistakes
& provide us users with the best distro for serious desktop work ;
also, no doubt, to the people who are working hard improving Gcc.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca