Dale wrote:

> This is something I have noticed that changed since the gcc upgrade.
> One, Firefox seems to use less memory.  It's not a whole lot less but it
> is less for sure.  It also uses a lot less CPU power.  Used to if I had
> two or three Firefox profiles running, I could see 20, 30 and sometimes
> even more CPU usage.  Gkrellm would have a good bit of orange and the
> little needle thing would be hovering around 30 to 40% on all the cores
> with it spiking to well over 50% quite a lot.  Closing Firefox would put
> it down to single digits so I know it was Firefox causing this.  Now,
> with 4 instances running, it is hovering around 10 to 15%.

Yeah, I monitor GCC changelogs closely...

A while back they were talking about their new code de-duplication pass
and how, as an example, in Firefox it removed over 30,000 duplicate
functions...

I really don't know what's going on over at the mozilla project these
days. I still use Seamonkey because it has all my e-mails but its
performance is fantastically awful these days.

--
Strange Game.
The only winning move is not to play.

Powers are not rights.