On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 7:31 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

Documentation not for "end-users", "just works" stuff, users should
not stress their little heads, we Drs. know best? I rest my case:
Windows/Apple.

> And having a couple of Gentoo
> boxes running Apache doesn't make anyone an administrator, BTW.

Agreed. And an academic title per se doesn't make anyone's personal
opinions relevant. I'm not an administrator, just an end-user. I do
end-use supervision, since a long time ago. It was not invented by the
author of systemd, it was not invented by the authors of launchd.
End-users who choose to use linux do it for a reason. It is possible
to learn stuff and to really *administrate* one's computers when using
a OS that is not of the "we-know-best" kind.

> Just my two cents. I will not answer any reply to my little contribution to
> this thread;

Good. I can't remember any intervention from you that I would miss. Of
course, I wouldn't dream of telling people how they should think, nor
would I deny anyone the right to be an activist.

> Enjoy your echo chamber.

Thank you for your contribution, Dr. Yes, we know you're a Dr. We know
it because:

a) You told us so, some time ago. (Yes, we were all very happy for you.)

b) About the same time, you replaced the arrogant little picture of
[part of] your face (in the gmail window) by a more standard one.

Regards,

Jorge Almeida