Howdy,

I just installed a new video card.  After a couple weeks of USPS
dragging it around, it finally came in.  Anyway, I got it installed and
was booting up.  I noticed somewhere between the kernel part and it
going through the runlevel part, there was something that failed.  I saw
a little red colored text and the word failed but I found one bad thing
about a really fast CPU.  It scrolls by so fast, I can't tell what it
is.  It is almost a blur when it scrolls up.  It's not a service because
rc-status shows all green.  I'm not sure that lists everything tho since
it seems a little light on the number of services.

At some point way back, I recall there being a logger that picks up the
area between when dmesg is logging and when syslog or friends start
logging to the message file.  I think this is where the error is.  I
can't find tool now.  I also can't find anything else in /var/log
either.  Am I wrong on having this or did it die off in the tree and got
removed?  If so, is there something that picks up that area of the boot
up process as far as errors go?  My system seems to work fine but I'd
like to know what that error was.  It may cause a problem at some point
and could even be the problem with that random reboot I had in another
thread.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S.  I did reseat all the power cables to the mobo while I was
swapping video cards.  Hoping that may help with that weird reboot thing
I had going on.  BTW, it hasn't happened since the one I started the
thread about either.  Weird.