On Tuesday, 1 October 2019 10:47:59 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Oct 2019 10:05:23 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > > Are you setting UEFI to boot from systemd-bootx64.efi or from the
> > > kernel image? If the former, you don't need a copy of the kernel in
> > > the ESP.
> >
> > I could run some tests to find out, but after throwing so much time and
> > effort into reaching a stable setup (so far), I don't wish to do
> > anything to it but use it, thanks all the same.
>
> You appear to have set up two alternative boot methods. While they don't
> conflict, you are adding potential confusion when trying to find out what
> is wrong.

All right, I've deleted the systemd directory and the system boots more-or-
less as expected. The differences from a few months ago are (i) the BIOS
spends a few seconds flickering the cursor around the screen before showing my
boot menu; (ii) after I've chosen the image to boot, I see 'SHA256 verified'
at the top-left of the BIOS's part of the screen, until the kernel takes it
over. I don't know what to make of those.

--
Regards,
Peter.