I would be extremely surprised if it activated after not having done so
within an hour.

You can manually trigger activation in the Windows 10 settings menu
somewhere, and get an answer immediately.

You *do* need to make sure the version of Windows is 100% identical to what
was previously installed though, down to the various international version
that have different language packs and misc media features enabled /
disabled.