Hi Meino,

On 2020-04-30 21:46, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
I had booted into my old system, attached the disks and both show the
same behaviour: Only the device itself (/dev/sdb) was recognized.

Now that is very curious. Just to make sure, the old system definitely does not understand GPT? CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION should be unset.

'file' shows the following output:

file sdb-data
sdb-data: Linux rev 1.0 ext4 filesystem data,
UUID=2f063705-0d3a-4790-9203-1b4edab7788c (extents) (64bit) (large files) (huge
files)

Looks better than I have thought...or?

This does indeed look promising (and is what I expected in the best case). Now, of course, the problem is figuring out how to get to that data.

I will take a deeper look tommorrow...I am too tired to
"fix partition tables manually" this evening!

Read you tommorrow! :)

Hope the rest of your evening will be more relaxing!

--
Wolf