Wols Lists wrote:
> On 03/09/20 18:44, Caveman Al Toraboran wrote:
>> i think this problem that we have could've been
>> avoided if the web was originally designed to only
>> deliver content, without any power to dictate
>> appearance, so that appearance is 100% a task that
>> a local client should choose.
> Isn't that how the web originally WAS designed? That the web-site sent
> content and the browser determined how it was displayed?
>
> My big bugbear is when I hit "print" and what comes out on the printer
> bears no resemblance WHATSOEVER to what is displayed on screen - ie
> pretty much every big shop website there is ...
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

Some sites, not many tho, have a printable version.  Gentoo for example
has that.  Another common type of site, recipes.  I've seen a few that
don't have printable versions but most do.  Other than that, you are
correct.  This is why I often save a web page, then use copy and paste
to put the content in LOo Writer.  At that point, I edit the thing until
it looks like I want.  Most sites, once you know what to remove and
where they are, you can edit a page in just a few minutes.

Still, web sites seem to want to make using the internet hard or at
least annoying.  Of course, they know people will surf the internet
since there is a ton of info out there.  There's not much you can't find
if you look hard enough.

Dale

:-)  :-)