On 12/11/2020 11:39 AM, Michael wrote:
> On Friday, 11 December 2020 18:24:27 GMT the...@sys-concept.com wrote:

>>> The error is indicative of the kernel driver for the / block device
>>> missing. If it is not built in-the-kernel, but as a module, then it
>>> should be in initramfs.
>>>
>>> Copy the kernel image, System.map, .config and corresponding initramfs to
>>> the /boot partition, then point your boot manager to the kernel to boot
>>> it.
>> How do you copy/generate initramfs in /boot directory?
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Kernel
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Genkernel
>
> If you're using genkernel it will copy it to /boot.  Besides the Handbook you
> may find the following reference material on boot managers/loaders useful:
>
> For rEFInd see here:
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Refind
>
> For GRUB see here:
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2
>
> For efibootmgr see here:
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/
> Bootloader#Alternative_2:_efibootmgr

After I compile kernel I usually get this message (WHY?):

* You will find the initramfs in '/boot/initramfs-5.4.72-gentoo.img'.

* WARNING... WARNING... WARNING...
* Additional kernel parameters that *may* be required to boot properly:
*
* With support for several ext* filesystems available, it may be needed to
* add "rootfstype=ext3" or "rootfstype=ext4" to the list of boot parameters.