On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 14:02:29 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:

> > Aren't new features only applied to newly created pools and datasets?
> > If /boot was compatible with GRUB it should still be. At least that's
> > how I read the einfo messages zfs spits out.
>
> That is correct.  I want to know when I can enable the new features.
> Of course, it would also be nice to know which features must be
> disabled when creating a new boot pool.
>
> It is just frustrating that as far as I can tell, there is no
> documentation about what features grub supports.  It wouldn't be hard
> for them to just say "here are the zpool features known to work in
> grub version foo."  The best I've found is the Arch wiki, which has
> the disclaimer that it is probably out of date and to check the man
> pages, but of course the man pages don't actually say anything.

All I could find was this:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/tree/grub-core/fs/zfs/zfs.c#n276

For a program with so much documentation, GRUB seems sorely lacking in
this respect. It makes me glad I decided to keep /boot off my zpools.

--
Neil Bothwick

Is that "woof" feed me; "woof" walk me; "woof" there's a burglar? What??