On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 16:57:11 -0400, John Covici wrote:

> So back to my original question, I downloaded -- after a lot of
> trouble finding it -- the Ubuntu 21.04 live server as they call it,
> but I cannot find any documentation as to how to use it as a rescue
> disk -- seems to be just an install disk.  Am I missing something
> here?

Use the desktop disc, I don't think the server one is a live environment
(it wouldn't make much sense for a server). Either use an xterm on the
desktop or find the invocation to boot to a console, possibly adding
"systemd.unit=multi-user.target" to the kernel options.

--
Neil Bothwick

You are a completely unique individual, just like everybody else.