Jack wrote:
> This switch is NOT bringing in systemd.  It is just switching which
> package is now providing udev as extracted from systemd. The news item
> actually gives a bit more detail.
>
> The network name switch (which I had thought was mentioned in the new
> item, but apparently is not, so I don't remember where I read it) is
> not directly due to eudev vs. udev, but to the "new" (years old at
> this point) switch to consistent naming (or something like that) so
> your network is probably something like enp20s2, reflecting which slot
> your network card is physically in.  I'm pretty sure there is a kernel
> boot parameter which forces the old way, but can't find it now, as I
> switched to the new naming with eudev, so switching to udev didn't
> break anything for me.
>
> Looking through the dmesg output should tell you what it is currently
> using but you'll have to hunt (or someone else will hopefully
> remember) how to make the system revert to the old network interface
> naming.

I'm not completely opposed to switching to the new name method.  Your
info about it being in dmesg is helpful.  Now I know where that name is
exactly.  ;-)  Do I just rename my current net.eth* files to the new way
and it works or do I need to do something else or is there a automatic
way to do this?

That makes sense and was on my suspect list.  I just didn't know where
to get the new name from.

Dale

:-)  :-)