Arve Barsnes wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 at 08:02, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "<sci-libs/hdf5-1.12:=[mpi=]" has
>> unmet requirements.
>> - sci-libs/hdf5-1.10.5-r1::gentoo USE="cxx hl threads zlib -debug
>> -examples -fortran -mpi -szip -unsupported" ABI_X86="(64)"
>>
>>   The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
>>     !unsupported? ( threads? ( !cxx !hl ) )
>>
>>   The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
>>     !unsupported? ( at-most-one-of ( cxx mpi ) threads? ( !cxx !mpi
>> !fortran !hl ) )
> The mpi flag now seeds to be a distraction, as the actual problem now
> is that hdf5 can't have both the threads and the cxx USE flag enabled
> at the same time. Maybe you have these in global, or set somewhere in
> your config?
>
> Regards,
> Arve

Ah ha.  Success.  I took a look at my USE line in make.conf.  I did have
threads in there so I moved it to a commented line to remove its
consideration.  I also noticed -cxx was in there as well and moved it to
a commented line.  I also commented out as much as I could in
package.use, the things I'd tried previously.  Now it has a clean path
to upgrade.

Thanks much.  Once those get done updating, I'll apply my hammer to
libreoffice.  :-D

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S.  Is there a tool to make the USE line in make.conf in alphabetical
order or something?  When I add things, I try to put them in order so it
is easier to find them.  For some reason, they are out of order, a lot.
Something at some point messed up my organizing, badly.