On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Grant wrote:

> Is there any way to get apache2 to include a full path in its
> access_log?  That would be something like this:
>
> domain.com/page.html
>
> instead of this:
>
> /page.html
>
> If I can get a full path in the log, I can have webalizer report on
> traffic per domain.  The conventional method of using the vhost log
> format for something like this won't work for me because it relies on
> defining different ServerName directives via VirtualHost definitions
> but I don't think apache knows which domain is actually being served.
> I don't use any apache virtual host stuff.  Domain identification is
> handled by my shopping cart software.

Maybe I dont understand what you mean: but since you are using
VirtualHost definitions, then perhaps you could use separate logs for
each site?

e.g.

<VirtualHost site1.com>
        ServerName www.site1.com
        ErrorLog "/var/log/apache/site1_error.log"
        AccessLog "/var/log/apache/site2_access.log"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost site2.com>
        ServerName www.site2.com
        ErrorLog "/var/log/apache/site1_error.log"
        AccessLog "/var/log/apache/site2_access.log"
</VirtualHost>

I just avoid the whole logsplit issue by doing this on production servers.