Hello list,

I am a gentoo newbie. I have installed gentoo about a month ago and have been
busy since in my free time getting it up and running.

I have a problem with quakespasm, it segfaults on startup.. this is what I get..

alan@irondust:/usr/share/games/quake$ quakespasm
Command line: quakespasm
Found SDL version 2.24.2
Detected 2 CPUs.
Initializing QuakeSpasm v0.95.1
Host_Init
Playing registered version.
Console initialized.
UDP Initialized
Server using protocol 666 (FitzQuake)
Exe: 20:46:02 Dec 12 2022
256.0 megabyte heap
Video mode 1920x1080x24 60Hz (24-bit z-buffer, 0x FSAA) initialized
GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
GL_RENDERER: GeForce GT 610/PCIe/SSE2
GL_VERSION: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 390.157
FOUND: ARB_vertex_buffer_object
FOUND: ARB_multitexture
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS: 4
FOUND: ARB_texture_env_combine
FOUND: ARB_texture_env_add
FOUND: SDL_GL_SetSwapInterval
FOUND: EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
FOUND: ARB_texture_non_power_of_two
FOUND: GLSL
FOUND: glGenerateMipmap

Sound Initialization
Segmentation fault
alan@irondust:/usr/share/games/quake$

I get the above with version 0.95.1 (installed from guru using the git version)
and from 0.94.1 also from guru.

I am not sure why it segfaults or what I can do about that. I have built it
with sdl and sdl2 and I get the same result.

I have run quakespasm on other distributions like debian, archlinux and
slackware without issues so there may be something different about gentoo that
I need to know about.

Any thoughts or ideas about how to get this working would be appreciated.