On Tue, 13 Dec 2022 13:49:54 +0000
Artur Tamm <artur.tamm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> sourceforge tarball was a prebuilt binary (at least the one I downloaded).

The source is there too in a different directory.

> I saw that the source code is here:
> https://github.com/sezero/quakespasm/tree/master/Quake
> The default Makefile might need some editing for a successful compilation.

I just grabbed the linux-64 archive from sourceforge. I have never run the
prebuilt binaries before but I tried it just to see what would happen. The
quakespasm-sdl2 segfaulted the same as my own build but the quakespasm (sdl I
suppose?) does run here.

So that is something! I can run their sdl quakespasm but not my own built here.

That is better than nothing but I'd still like to hear about your experience.
I'd be happy if I could build and run my own if I can figure out what the issue
is.