Am Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 04:43:25PM -0600 schrieb Dale:

> > 4) While I cannot tell you if the card you ordered has a Linux or FreeBSD
> > driver, I can point out that on the left hand side of your TrueNAS
> > dashboard, accessible in your browser hopefully, there is a pulldown
> > called 'Network'. It should hopefully show you the current network
> > interface which in my case is called 're0'. On the right you might,
> > hopefully
> > possibly see a big blue button called "ADD". Consider giving that button
> > a push after you've installed your new card.

> 4:  I have a monitor hooked up still so I can do it the text way if
> needed.  It mentions about setting up the network as one of the
> options.
>
> Since you mentioned it has a GUI option, I may just do that.
> So long as it works.

That’s what I referred to earlier: you get a web interface built-in that
takes care of all the chores. I always wanted to set up shares on my NAS so
that guests could easily access it anonymously, but safely (meaning: no
write access). I never had the patience to go through the whole setup of ftp
and/or samba with the proper users and directories. But a web UI could take
care of all of that. Plus it’s shiny. :D

My point is: there is no need for a monitor. ;-)

--
Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

LCARS - Linux Can Also Run Starships