On 27.01.23 12:17, Peter Böhm wrote:
Hello Klaus,

have you made your kernel again after changing EXTRA_FIRMWARE ?

Maybe you want read this:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Pietinger/Tutorials/
Manual_kernel_configuration#Driver_needs_Firmware

Greetings,
Peter

Am Freitag, 27. Januar 2023, 11:08:58 CET schrieb Klaus Dittrich:
I it possible that a that moment the kernel cannot get blobs
because the ext4 filesystem is not mounted already?
So does one have to use initrd to get the blobs loaded?

What is the meaning of "failed with error -2"?

Peter,
thanks for your answer.

Sure, the machine is fast so a recompilation of the kernel is no
problem.

The error happens with and without "amdgpu/psp_13_0_5_ta.bin" in
CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE as I discoverd meanwqhile.

--
Regards Klaus