Hello Klaus,

Klaus Dittrich <kla...@t-online.de> writes:

> The error happens with and without "amdgpu/psp_13_0_5_ta.bin" in
> CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE as I discoverd meanwqhile.

Your issue is most likely that you are missing firmware in the
CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE setting. In my case there at 10 firmware blobs
that I need in the kernel.

Have you read the AMDGPU page on the Gentoo Wiki? Particularly the part
about incorporating firmware blobs in the kernel?
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Amdgpu#Unknown_firmware_blobs

What I suggest is you change the AMDGPU driver back to a module rather
than built it, and reboot once. Check DMESG (as explain in the link
above) and it will show you every firmware that is loaded during boot.
What that information you can update your CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE
parameter with the proper values and put the AMDGPU driver back to built-in.

--
Regards,
Julien