Klaus Dittrich <kla...@t-online.de> writes:
> as I do not use a initrd or initramfs I am, as far as I know, forced
> to compile the driver amdgpu into the kernel, not as modules to be
> loaded.

No, you can use modules even without an initrd.

> I looked at https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Amdgpu#Unknown_firmware_blobs
> but I still do not know what name is relevant to the built-in-gpu
> of a AMD-7900X  processor.(!?)
>
> Does this gpu really needs all these blobs of the list there?

No, these blobs are given as examples. They vary per GPU models and in
fact there are several hundred different blobs available:

ls -l /lib/firmware/amdgpu | wc -l
479

So you have to figure out which ones you need. The easiest method is to
let the kernel load them itself by having the driver built as a module,
otherwise it may take several iterations of modifying the
CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE value until you get it to work.

--
Regards,
Julien