On 17/04/2023 02:14, Dale wrote:
My current install is over a decade old.  My /boot partition is about
375MBs.  I should have made it larger but at the time, I booted CD/DVD
media when needed.  I didn't have USB sticks at the time.  This time, I
plan to make some changes.  If I put Knoppix and/or Gentoo LiveGUI in
/boot, it will be larger.  Much larger.  Mark's idea is best tho.  If I
can get Grub to work and boot it.

If you dd your boot partition across, you can copy it into a larger partition on the new drive, and then just expand the filesystem.

So changing partition sizes isn't a problem if you want to just copy your system drive onto a new disk.

Cheers,
Wol