Wols Lists wrote:
> On 07/08/2024 01:09, Dale wrote:
>> Well choke me until I look like a Smurf.  ROFLMBO  That worked.  As
>> soon as I clicked that, it went to the / directory.  It seems to
>> stick there.  It actually changed it for every instance I have
>> running too.  It seems that Dolphin wants to run as one instance
>> instead of multiple.  I'm not sure about that yet tho.  I tend to
>> have at least four instances of Dolphin open at the same time.
>> Sometimes more if I'm downloaded trail camera pics or something.
>
> I find Dolphin has a habit of opening extra tabs, which I don't
> usually want. I have to explicitly ask for extra windows. And of
> course, it doesn't seem to implement "drag tab and it'll turn into a
> window" :-(
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

I noticed that if I say click on a directory on the desktop or in the
removable devices thing click on open in file manager that it not only
opens the directory or mount point but also has a set of tabs from the
last instance of Dolphin I used.  On the old rig, it just opened what I
clicked on and nothing else but now, it opens what I clicked on plus
extra stuff I don't need.  I usually have four instances of Dolphin open.

It's like it gets confused or something and just adds on whatever it
thinks I might need even if I don't need it.  It's weird.  Every time I
think I know what it is going to do, it does something different.  I've
looked for setting that is like 'allow multiple instances' or something
but don't see anything.  Maybe one day I'll right click on something and
there it is.  A setting that makes it behave like I am used to.

I realized a bit ago that I'm on stable KDE on the new rig.  I'm in the
process of upgrading to testing.  Maybe that will fix some things.
Never hurts to hope.  ;-)  The old rig ran testing as well.

Dale

:-)  :-)