Christoph Eckert wrote:
>> Thanks for the tip, though. But instead of the PTP
>> workaround, I'll use the manual-mount workaround. Or
>> maybe autofs.
>
> PTP is slow, *very* slow on my machine. This is a big minus.
>
> Regardless of mass storage or PTP you can write a small shell script
> which automates the process and copies the pics to disk, maybe by
> creating a folder with the current date.

Now, THAT is a very good idea! Thanks! I'll do that - at least
*some* convenience :)

In the meantime I remembered, that during the emerge of pmount,
a message has been shown, that users have to be added to the
plugdev group:

 * This package has been installed setuid.  The permissions are as such that
 * only users that belong to the plugdev group are allowed to run this.
 *
 * Please add your user to the plugdev group to be able to mount USB drives

Did that. Logged out. Logged in again. Same result - still no
automount :(

Alexander Skwar
--
Men of quality are not afraid of women for equality.