On Friday 13 January 2006 04:54, Matthias Bethke wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>

> That would be my guess as well, I had this problem before. I think it
> was that I invented a domainname for the machine that only had a dialup
> connection anyway, and that was what it sent in the SMTP HELO. Somebody
> at the ISP's thought refusing "aliens" in the HELO phase was a good
> idea against spam but they didn't tell the support people about it so
> they insisted that nothing was changed. tcpdump helped.
>
> cheers!
>       Matthias

Well, I can't even get Mozilla to open any more.  I even created a new user
from scratch and it still will not start.  I downloaded a new snapshot and am
about to start a new install.  I don't even know where to start to fix this
one.  It started out I couldn't get email, then Mozilla won't even start and
I'm not sure what will break next.

At least I have a second hard drive to do this install on.  It shouldn't take
to long to start over.  This is the error I get when I try to start Mozilla
from a Konsole:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] / $ mozilla
Xlib: No protocol specified

xdpyinfo:  unable to open display ":0".
Xlib: No protocol specified

Unable to connect to X server
Xlib: No protocol specified

(mozilla-bin:14954): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
mozilla-bin exited with non-zero status (1)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / $

This is so weird though.  I'm in Kmail at the moment.  Any ideas?  I'm about
to start a new install.

Thanks
Dale
:-)