Hi Neil,
on Friday, 2006-01-13 at 12:51:32, you wrote:
> By default, su does not allow access to X. You can mess around
> setting and exporting $DISPLAY, or you can use sux instead of su. sux is
> a shell wrapper for su that takes care of this.

I wonder why that should be necessary in the first place as su seems to
support this .Xauthority linking on its own. On SuSE systems
/usr/X11R6/bin/sux is just a symbolic link to /bin/su, I just tried it
here and it works. The bad thing is that "sudo sux" does not work as in
this case sux is called as root already. Perhaps I should write my own
"suxdo" wrapper? :)

regards
        Matthias
--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0  8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665