On Wednesday 18 January 2006 08:32, Neil Bothwick wrote:

> If it's a configuration issue, you replaced everything but the cause of
> the problem.

Excellant point.  Things have turned around a lot now I think.  My ISP was
having some !problems! today.  They were calling !me! to tell them the error
stuff because windoze would only tell them it was unable to connect but mine
tells why.  So instead of me calling them so much, thay are calling me some
now.

They did get it to where I can connect to the internet again.  I still have to
use Kmail though to send anything.  At least I don't have to go to my
brothers to get on the net.  It's bad enough using Kmail to talk to my
ladies.  LOL

I fixed Mozilla on my OLD install.  It opens now.  I can get new messages with
it at least.  This is the info for it:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] / # emerge -pv mozilla

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] www-client/mozilla-1.7.12-r2  +crypt -debug +gnome +ipv6 +java
+ldap -mozcalendar -mozdevelop -moznocompose -moznoirc -moznomail -moznoxft
-mozsvg -postgres +ssl +truetype -xinerama +xprint 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / #

I'm not sure what that ipv6 is for.  I put -ipv6 in the USE line of make.conf
and it is still there.  How do I disable that thing?   I ask because I
noticed this with Kmail:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] / # emerge -pv kmail

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kmail-3.5.0-r3  +arts -debug -kdeenablefinal
-kdexdeltas -xinerama 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / #

NO ipv6 there.

I was told that management would be calling me in the morning to try to figure
out my email issue.  I may take my computer up there and just let them look
at it, without the root password of course.  I would still be driving my
rig.  ;-)

If anybody has any ideas, I'm open to them.  I'm really starting to think this
is a ISP problem though.  I thought it was before but I'm really thinking it
now.

I'll keep you posted.

Dale
:-)