On 5/14/06, maxim wexler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tell me about it! Have a look at #132141. I created a
franken-kernel and their strategy seems to be to get
me to repeat myself until I go away. I get the feeling
they think I'm making stuff up.

No, maxim.  Most likely, YOU have made a mistake somewhere in
upgrading your kernel.  Either you are not buildilng what you think
you are, or are not copying it to where you think you are, or are not
booting from what you think you are.

But you keep trying to convince everyone that you did not make a
mistake, and are not providing enough detailed information for them
(or us, I remember the previous thread here on this issue)  to either
tell you where you made your mistake, or mentally get past the
likelihood that you made a mistake and consider other options.

I asked you for dmesg output on your previous thread here.  You did not respond.
Daniel asked you to attach dmesg output on your bug report.  You did not.

So, again, I will try to help you...

1. If not already done, configure your kernel "General Setup -> Kernel
.config supprt" and the sub-option "Enable access to .config through
/proc/config.gz".

2. If necessary, rebuild and re-install the 2.6.16 kernel.

3. Reboot from the 2.6.16 kernel, and run "zdiff /proc/config.gz
/usr/src/linux/.config".  If this produces _any_ output, you are not
booting from the new kernel.

Once we _know_ whether you are actually booting from the kernel that
you are building or not, we will know how to proceed to fix the
problems you are having.

-Richard