Justin R Findlay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 01:51:09AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> A few people have mentioned not having used Suexec making me wonder if
>> there is some other way to allow myuser to run cgi?
>
> I usually run apache as apache:web with the user creating the web stuff
> in the web group.

I'm not sure of your meaning here.  So that gets around needing suexec
to fire cgi programs under /home/myuser/public_html?

I just tried that or at least tried to.  created group web added
apache and myuser.

renamed /usr/sbin/suexec2/usr/sbin/suexec2X

Put the stock httpd.conf in place after setting group to web, and
restarted apache.  User myuser running firefox can not fire a cgi in
public_html they just display in the browser as a text file would.

Ditto in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/

Can you clarify what you did?