On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:26:49 +0200 (CEST), Hans Schou wrote:

> >> - x11-apps/setxkbmap-1.0.2 (masked by: ~x86 keyword)
> >> For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
> >> man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
> >> !!!    (dependency required by "x11-base/xorg-x11-7.0-r1"
> >> [ebuild])
> >>
> >> I then tried to remove setxkbmap:

> Where can I read more about "masked"? I have questions like: Why use
> unmask? Why not use unmask? If I unmask a package now, will that spoil
> the same package later? etc.

You already have the answer to that question, it was in the original
error message.

--
Neil Bothwick

I have a spelling checker, it came with my Pea See;
It helps me too correct Miss Steaks eye mite knot sea.
I ran these versus threw it, yew mae bee pleased too no
Its word prefect in every weight; my spell cheque tolled me sew!