I would like to create a database of some sort for my music collection.
It is large so I thought that somehow I could use some application that could pull the info from a freebd server and if I wished I could alter any info. Try to entering it all by hand will be just to big of a project.

I also hope to be able to export that info somehow. This attempted project will only be fully useful if I can get the database in some form into my Palm after it is created.

Any such packages in portage that anyone can recommend for such a project?
Any tips from anyone who has attempted such a project?

Also, I am running Gentoo amd64, so the app(s) will need to run on that platform.

                                Thanks in advance
                                Sean