Hello,

I am recently growing fed up with strongly graphical applications causing my
(admittedly quite old) computer to slow down to a crawl. I like the concept
of Ratpoison and am thinking of switching to it, but could use a few tips
for making the big change.

I am especially looking for a browser to substitute Firefox (it's great, but
quite a memory hog). I like links, what with its graphical capabilities, but
it lacks tabs and that's a major downside in my vision. I've tried Conkeror
for Firefox, but it's too Emacs-centric (vim person here) and also disables
tabs (or maybe it's me -- I couldn't get them to work).

Any other tips or nifty programs you could link me to would be greatly
appreciated, especially Ratpoison-related; For instance, C-t is too
RSI-prone for my taste and conflicts with Firefox's new tab button (I want
to switch, but I realise fx could prove irreplaceable, mainly due to the
large userbase).

Thanks in advance,
Vlad

--
How's my English? How about my Netiquette?
Do mail me if something is wrong with my behaviour. Thank you.