On Tuesday 28 August 2007, Stroller wrote:
> On 28 Aug 2007, at 08:11, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> >> If you know how to use them, you'll have a lot of fun.
> >
> > What is this desktop search engine thingy whereof the OP speaks? I
> > do not know of such a thing...
>
> It's like locate, except it indexes the contents of files (rather
> than just the names) and it does so immediately the file is saved,
> rather than as a cron job.

Seems like a lot of folks are being very helpful and want to assist me
in understanding what these Beagle-esque apps do :-)

I do know what they are, I just never use them - I prefer grep find
locate etc. I was being slightly sarcastic with my comment, with my
tongue very firmly planted in both cheeks :-)

But hey, maybe some other user who would use such things now know more
about them and maybe emerge them

alan

--
Optimists say the glass is half full,