071019 Peter Alfredsen wrote:
> On Friday 19 October 2007, Philip Webb wrote:
>> (1) The mobo (ASUS P5K-VM) manual has as default 'Configure SATA as IDE',
>> which I have left as is.  However, while the System Rescue CD finds the HDD
>> as '/dev/sda', neither the Gentoo Live CD nor Knoppix sees it:
>> should I change the mobo setting (the HDD is SATA) ?
> If it has a setting "Configure SATA as AHCI", try that.
> AHCI is a generic-ish interface that should improve compatibility.

Yes, that did the trick !  Thanks.

Anyone have a suggestion why using 'cp -a' to copy a lot of subdirs
takes additional space on the USB stick (over the HDD space used) ?
It doesn't happen when copying a straight set of files.
It won't affect today's installation job,
but wb useful for the future, if there's some way of avoiding it.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]