On Monday 03 December 2007, Grant wrote:

> I'm working on this.  I'll have to set up a comparison between GSM
> phone rental and satellite system rental.  Lots to consider with data,
> international voice calls, speed, convenience, and cost.

I remember reading somewhere a comparison by a guy between vanilla GSM data
and GPRS.  His drawn curves showing the break even point, beyond which you
were probably better off using the more expensive GPRS connection.  Googling
should through something up.

> What would you use to measure how much data you're downloading and
> uploading to/from the internet?

Other than ifconfig as was already suggested I would use iptraf.
--
Regards,
Mick