--- BRM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When Grub came up, it was
> thinking hdb equalled hd0 instead of hd1. So while it worked fine
> with
> hd1 from the CD (it didn't like hd0 then), it was mixed up when grub
> actually ran.

> Any suggestions on how to fix this so that grub runs well from within
> Linux?

Ok, well - I got it working by setting up grub.conf to focus on hd0,
while at the grub prompt I referred to it as hd1. That is, imho, just
weird, and another reason why LILO wins out in my book as LILO matches
Linux's device names pretty well.

Now if I can just figure out this "base-layout-1" versus
"base-layout-2" thing that Device Mapper and LVM init scripts are
complaining about. (Tips welcomed!)

Thanks!

Ben