Canek Peláez Valdés pisze:
On Jan 30, 2008 7:35 AM, dell core2duo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
  I am running compiz-fusion. but it seems to run very slow. Although
Cpu/memory usage are normal.  But even when i  resize a terminal it takes
few seconds to do so.
while there is no such problem in doing same without running compiz-fusion.
I have nvidia-8600-GT graphics card. I would like to know how to make my
compiz-fusion run smoother.

I've the exact same problem. I've tried everything I could think of,
but it hasn't worked. Try this; grab a corner of a gnome-terminal with
the mouse, and try to make circular movements; it's *painfully* slow.

I have a NVidia 6800GS. In my laptop with a crappy Intel i950, compiz
fusion it's much more smooth.

If you can find a solution, please let me know.
I think thats because function Texture-from-pixmap. When You resize Your window, it must be repainted by normal and also polygon of OpenGL must be re-scaled and binded by texture. Normally this should be done in graphic card GPU - by hardware. But - if I get wrong, tell me - nVidia GS series is integrated card with poor performance, much less than FX/GT cards. Also some vendors of board which hosts NV GPU to reduce costs makes it from cheap materials and sometimes much of hardware are miss (like DVI output or Composite output, some resistors etc.). Also memory of card is very important - speed and error correction (something like ECC) if available. I don't know if GT series have pixel shader 2.0. Try google for more info's, more I can't help You.

Mateusz M.