On Jan 30, 2008 3:12 PM, Naiani Rosa de Barros
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 4:56 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> Btw, is it normal to have problems to watch movies or DVDs when
> compiz-fusion is on? Because every time I try to watch a movie, VLC
> and Gxine close, saying there are not enough resources. I haven't had
> any major problems since I figured out I had to turn off something
> related to the screen refresh rate on ccsm.
> What should I do?
> I'm running Xfce on an Acer laptop Core Duo 2GHz, with 1GB ram, and
> Intel GMA 950.

My desktop (NVidia 6800GS, 256 mb of memory) can handle even high
definition video; my laptop (integrated i915GM) doesn't. I need to
switch back to metacity to see fullscreen video.

You can try to use MPlayer; with -vo gl or -vo gl2 your 950 should be
able to play fullscreen video.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Facultad de Ciencias, UNAM