I personally prefer JFS to XFS and have used it for years on my
servers and laptop with no problem other than hardware errors (and if
the hardware fails the fs will not help you).  I had system board
problems in the laptop and a bad RAID controller in the server this
last year :(.  Other than that I always recovered from outages with a
journal-replay.

Your plan looks rational except I wouldn't use ext3 for storing video
- it's slow when deleting large files and large numbers of files - xfs
or jfs would be better.  For that matter you may care to split your
video and mp3 storage because mp3's are small and videos are usually
large.  If your videos are generally uniform (like on mythtv,
allocated in half-hour multiples) storing them all in a filesystem of
their own will reduce fragmentation.  If you're doing write-once it
doesn't matter so much, but if you delete things a lot it's more
important to performance.