On Saturday 16 February 2008 05:33:43 Wael Nasreddine wrote:

> Thank you for your detailed answer it helped a lot

(Why was it necessary to quote the whole of it again?)

> please take a look at the file attached... and if you have any more
> suggestions please do tell me.

Just a tiny point: you don't need "defaults" if another value appears as
well, as in:

/dev/system/home        /home   reiserfs        defaults,user_xattr     0 0

This will do just as well:

/dev/system/home        /home   reiserfs        user_xattr      0 0

Defaults are what you get if you don't specify anything.

Thank you all for this interesting discussion, which has given me a few
ideas for improving --sync time on my server box.

--
Rgds
Peter