· Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Mon, 12 May 2008 15:07:06 +0200, Michael Schmarck wrote:
>
>> And last, but not least: Why should backup directories be shared in
>> the first place?
>
> They shouldn't, and I never stated that they should.

You stated that there might be such a need. In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008  16:09:30 +0100 you wrote:

| Because you need to access it from Windows too?

That was a response to my question:

| Why not put ext* or reiserfs or whatever on such a drive?

I then asked, why you think that such a need might exist. That
question hasn't been answered by you up to now.

Later on, I asked:

| But more interesting: Why should they even be able to backup to the
| same drive (or better: to the same filesystem)?

That question also hasn't been answered yet.

It seems you don't want to answer that question. Why's that?

Michael Schmarck
--
<hoponpop> my program works if i take out the bugs.