Hello Sandro.

ยท Sandro Hannemann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>>  Correct. However you said, that "you need to access it (Linux backup
>>  directories) from Windows too". And that's the main point and the point
>>  that hasn't been answered yet: Why do you think, that such a need
>>  exists?
>

> Suppose, you've got a project on which you work on both Windows and
> Linux machines (and maybe even a Mac...)

Okay.

> Such a project needs backups and it is very convenient and logic too,
> to be able to restore (or access) it from Linux and Windows likewise.

Depends if that's "very logic too". Are we talking about backing up
something like a "My Pictures" folder, or are we talking about system
backups?

> Why should this be such a strange idea?

Because you usually don't "mix-and-match" backups. A backup should
be a "storage" of how the system was at a certain point in time.

Michael Schmarck
--
<Knghtbrd> Trust us, we know what we're doing...  We may have no idea HOW
           we're doing it, but we know WHAT we're doing.