On Tue, 27 May 2008 11:27:10 +0200
Wolf Canis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Agreed, because of the way the subscription process works. The way how
> someone subscribed to a list is _only_ with a e-mail address. This
> would change if the subscription process would demand a signature.

Absolutely. I just wonder how many people will choose not to use such
kind of list in order not to sacrifice their anonymity.

> No fully agreed, because if someone is signing his messages, all other
> subscribers have the possibility to see whether it's the same person
> or not. Not in the sense of real live identity but at least same Nick
> or Name. In my case for example "Wolf Canis". Would know a message
> reach the ML with my Name but no signature or a different signature,
> could one relatively be sure about the fact that this particular
> message is not from the original "Wolf Canis".

It also might be the same person signing with different keys or
sometimes signing somtimes - not. What's the difference for the other
guys on the list - in both cases they will get some junk before the
offending account is stopped. What's the difference for the sender -
guilty or not, his address gets blacklisted.

> Why not? Every public key is downloadable, except one created a key
> and forgot to upload the public key, in this case is his/her signature
> pointless.

Forgot, choosed not to, didn't renew...
I believe it's the majority, but I may be wrong.

> > Bottom line: I see no reason for signing messages to MLs like this
> > one.
>
> Disagree, because of the possibility that without signatures it's
> relatively easy to bring a subscriber into discredit.

Relatively easy? Well, hereby I give you my blessing and dare you to
send a "proof of concept" message to this list imposing as me.
Additional condition: you must have no other access to Gmail than what
is granted to everyone outside the company. If you succeed I promise to
sign every single email I send from that point on. :)

--
Best regards,
Daniel